September 1, 2010

Playing catch-up

I noticed this morning that my last post was the first of July... Yeah, that's how busy our summer has been!



To kick off summer, we first went to Lake Powell with the Child's. Best family ever! 
Thank you so much for inviting us!
Front row (from left): Preston & Cassie Costley, Patti & Lon Child, Rachel & Clint Child
Back row (from left): Kip and I, Kelli Child, Curtis Child, Jed Child, Mitch Child, Blake Montgomery, Adam & Amber Deibert.
Best Lake Powell crew ever!


We did a lot of surfing. The thing on Kip's head is called the GoPro camera. It's a waterproof 
video camera and we got some cool shots with it!


Told ya, lots of surfing!


I learned how to slalom (sp?) ski! And I love it!


Attempting to create a slip-n-bleed


We built amazing sand castles!


And did some crazy stunts... Blake is wakeboarding and Preston is laying on a tube with the GoPro video camera. Preston got some pretty great shots!


Nap time!


... It's not a true Lake Powell trip until you run out of gas at least once!

Here is my wonderful surfer husband doing a 360!


Thanks again to the Child's. We had an amazing time!

Next up is the Conolly family Lake Powell trip. Kip had to stay home and work, which sucked, but I still somewhat enjoyed myself!
Disclaimer** special thanks to my sis Emily and sister-in-law Brooke for the pictures. 
I didn't take a single one!


Can you imagine going from this...


... to this in the same hour? Yeah, scariest Lake Powell storm yet! The waves were huge, big enough to surf on! We had to redo all the anchors and save our fishing boat from sinking! 


That waterfall should not be there... It rained really hard and really long.


This is all of us holding the house boat in place so we could reset the anchor. the rain was PELTING us, it hurt so bad!


Then Brady cheered us all up with his redneck self!


Morgan jumped to me another 1,000 times.


And the Ulrich men had some good fishing! 
I guess Lake Powell fish make good fish tacos. I wouldn't know, I don't eat fish.

Don't worry, one more post is to come! There's still a lot to share...

No comments: